1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Well excuuuuuseeee meeeeeee

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Big Ragu, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'm so sick of these spoiled brat millenial college twits searching out new nonsense at which to direct their whiny outraged and offended act.

A 40 year old SNL skit? Good God.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They didn’t search it out

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Never understood people’s enjoyment of Steve Martin’s humor. Just really dumb to me, and I basically grew up with him

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Buried in his jammies ...

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Condo. :cool:

Vombatus likes this.
  6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Did you like The Jerk?

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It was okay. Like the three amigos was ok. Some people loved that shit, but it wasn’t altogether my speed.

EDIT: I also think his premature gray hair influenced my attitude towards him. Like, he felt like an old guy to me even when he wasn’t, and that kind of clouded my opinion. I mean, that’s how my pre-teen mind worked. My dad loved him though, and I was basically watching SNL from its start, though I was a toddler when he was a recurring figure.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wrong answer.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Jesus. A skit from perhaps one of the best SNL episodes in history. Same show that featured Steve dancing with Gilda Radner.

Now they're just hunting for something to get offended by.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I took a quick look at Youtube and couldn't find my preferred version of "Tut". I think he did it on Johnny Carson. Anyhow, Steve wanted to amp up the crazy, so he did it on roller skates, and for some reason they kept throwing live chickens into view. I'll try to dig it out.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  11. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

"Man With Two Brains" was on cable tonight, outstanding. Steve Martin in the early days had a "hippie" ethos, he morphed later into sweeter dad humor.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I love that the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band was the backing band on the recording. And that the Blues Bros. Band did the SNL performance (I know they were SNL's house band, but it is like when pop culture collides.)
    My favorite performance...featuring The Fonz!!!!

Never really noticed how his act seems like an early version of The Colbert Report.

Just the facts ma am likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted