1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mattresses

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Around the time my granddaughter was born, they had a special where you got a Yeti cooler if you bought a mattress. Well, not just any mattress as it turned out. I wasn't going 1300 for a mattress, don't really need a Yeti anyway.

I read the article jr/shotglass posted, went to one of the review sites and it had good things to say about the one I was considering. So I bought it. Now I have to find someone to come haul the old one away.

2. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

We bought a Purple mattress for my special needs son and he seems to love it. He was having a rough night one night and I slept in it with him and I loved it.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

My gf bought me a Caspar two months after I commented on how much I loved hers. I am not remotely exaggerating when I say my life has become immeasurably better because I enjoy a deep, long sleep on these mattresses. My bed is so comfortable that it feels like tentacles holding me down.

4. Moderator1

I'd love to get one, just too rich for my blood right now. In the past year I've bought two very expensive housewarming grills and a ton of stuff for my granddaughter. And now my daughter is getting married in May. I'm actually lucky I was able to afford more than a Walmart sleeping bag. I'll try this for a while and then maybe move it into my guest room and get a Casper.

And if your girlfriend is buying you nice mattresses like that, you'd best make damn sure you don't F that one up. If you do, aren't you fairly close to me? Send her my way. I need a Sugar Momma.

CD Boogie and Vombatus like this.
  5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

How much is a Caspar, anyway?

After posting today, I just happened to see my gf's sleep number credit account statement, and she's make $100+ month payments for I forget how long (seems like a year) and she STILL has a $1900 balance to go.

I saw that, and thought once again, shit, if you are in for over $2500 for this system, why not go all in and get the kind that raises up? What is that? $3500?

Moddy, if we ever meet, hands off MY Sugar Momma.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm so intimidated by the mattress buying process. I probably need a new one and I just haven't had the energy to figure out what to do. I'm a stomach sleeper, for which memory foam is supposedly a bad idea. I read that the best option for stomach sleepers is a regular old innerspring mattress. I'm always cold and can't fall asleep unless I'm warm, so I'm guessing the cooling gel thing would also be a mistake for me.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  7. Moderator1

Dyno, same. Just too confusing. I tried to get the kids to pick but they didn't bite so I just went with it.
    And it is Casper. Casper. Like the ghost. One I wanted was 950 or so.

The Best Bed for Better Sleep | Casper®

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

You're close enough to West Virginia to just burn it in the street.

Vombatus, Jssst21 and jr/shotglass like this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

On the front porch, man. On the front porch. They're not animals.

Vombatus, Jssst21 and SpeedTchr like this.
  10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Hey, State College is closer than West Virginia, and they had more of a reason to riot yesterday.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

When my mom ordered new mattresses in the summer, the same delivery guys who brought the new ones took the old ones. But that was from MattressFirm (aka Sleepys), not Amazon.

Anyone who buys a mattress without actually trying it out is braver than I am. I tested the one for my mom's guest room, and after sleeping on it once, was convinced they'd delivered the wrong one. To quote Charlie Brown, "I got a rock."

Vombatus likes this.
  12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

...why do they cost so damn much?

Draft saved Draft deleted