1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

This is like a classic NWO invasion. Love it!

2. nietsroob17

Booker T: "I've never seen anything like this in my 26 years!"

Umm ... remember Rey Mysterio getting torpedoed into that trailer at Disney?

Batman and Baron Scicluna like this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah. You'd think he'd remember those NWO beatdowns, especially when he was on the receiving end of a couple of them.

Great ending to the show, though. They're actually making me care a little bit about Raw vs. Smackdown.

They need to have another Smackdown beat down, but then Braun comes out and destroys all of them. Crowd would go nuts.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

That welt on Jordan's arm didn't look too good.

5. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

There are not enough curse words or caps letters for me to express how I feel about Finn Balor getting buried by the 50 year old mayor of fcking tennessee.

What the fuck

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Kayfabe question of the week, where were the 5 guys Kurt was gonna bring out and why couldnt they take Mojo freakin Rawley

(Logic be damned it was still a cool segment. Well filmed nicely put together)

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The marauding Smackdowners reminded me of a more violent version of Adam Rose's party posse.
    If only Miz hadn't thrown Braun Strowman in that garbage truck, it might have turned out different.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. nietsroob17

9. Baron Scicluna

I'd say the three Shield guys, Braun, who wasn't there, and either Balor or himself.

They'd play it as the "Can Kurt and the Shield trust Braun Strohman?"

10. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

There are holes with the story though. Are the SD guys all heel now? Why are guys like Ziggler and Roode teaming up? Why would Corbin do what Shane wants?

Lastly, what do you win if your brand wins? Bragging rights? Who cares about that?

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Soooooo. Dumb. Intra-WWE invasion angles are played out, especially when there is no established brand pride.

At least they had the common sense to keep KO and Zayn out of it.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There's no pride because they shake up both brands at least once a year anyway.

That's the kind of thing that leads to stupid shit like, say, Steve Austin, Kurt Angle and Shane McMahon fighting for WCW and ECW's future.

Draft saved Draft deleted