1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Guys - fucking stop. Now. We are trying our asses off to keep this open and keep it moving. Put each other on ignore RIGHT NOW and let's move on.
    I come home from a trip into the city to SIX reported posts.

If someone is indeed sending someone PMs taunting a dead father, that's scum-of-the-fucking-earth low and I wish heaps of pain on a person who is enough of a shit to do something like that. Forward the PMs to me (that is NOT making them public) and we'll deal with it.

I can't imagine how much of an asshole you'd have to be to taunt someone about their dead father. My dad died when I was only 10. That's 51 years ago, more than 80 percent of my life missed since then. I still miss him every day and wonder how things would have changed. I feel shortchanged every damn day. If someone did something like that to me, I can't imagine what I'd do.

So I get the anger if that's the case, I really do. But let's handle it the right way.

Thanks all

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's open. We're trying, honest.

TowelWaver and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

365 days ago!

[​IMG]

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Dems learned the lesson. Get out and vote in the midterms. Take nothing for granted.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

7. Vombatus

And run better candidates with no underhanded sab0tage of your own fellow Dems.

OscarMadison and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. Vombatus

I am eagerly waiting for one of the news outlets to stop covering the fluff and focus only on issues. I'd watch that channel.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Some political scientist on Twitter a few days ago illustrated the importance of voting in local elections by noting that the mayor in Jaws is still mayor in Jaws 2.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My kids hate the mayor in "Jaws" and they haven't even seen "Jaws." They just ask me to tell them the plot regularly.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Does your cable system get BBC World (not BBC America)? You would like it better.

Vombatus likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Completely agree on BBC.

I admit to watching too much cable news. But when it gets to be too much, BBC is a great way to cut out all the bullshit.

I swore off American cable for quite awhile after the election because of them giving billions in free Trump advertising. But like a drug, I got hooked again.

Vombatus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.