1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's not a talking point for "the left." I swear, you are as bad as YF with this bullshit. Please at least keep it to the politics thread.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you are kidding. You have to be kidding.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Is the interview itself evidence of a defense of O'Reilly, or did Beck defend him?

Is it that he's not been properly banished?

Weinstein did a couple of interviews already. Should no one interview him?

I mean, I feel like this is kind of silly. Osama bin Laden was interviewed by ABC News. Saddam Hussein did network interviews, etc.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I have no answers to your questions.

I posted it thinking that perhaps Bill O'Reilly should just do less.

Less.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If BillO wants it to go away and quit brutalizing his family, he needs to:

1. STFU

B. Quit calling, texting, and harassing his female coworkers. If he does, he is far less likely to continue paying out millions of dollars in settlement money. I am unconcerned about whether the $32m figure quoted is accurate. The fact that he has had to make such payments repeatedly is sufficient.

7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Megyn Kelly needs ratings. Fast.

Her show is abysmal.

NBC decided to throw something like $18 million a year at her for a mid-morning show. They did this not because they expect great ratings but it takes the 9 PM host off FNC. They've done this for years to competitors.

O'Reilly made Megyn Kelly a star just through having her as a guest on the factor for years.

Where and when should a person talk about being harassed? Now that the checks have cleared from NBC? Or when she was still at FNC and could have done something about it then.

When Kelly made the jump from a contributor making 200k a year to hosting the 9 pm show making 4M a year... not a peep.

8. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

A few of my co-workers and I were asking on the weekend: is the sports business next?

Weinstein/Hollywood. O'Reilly/Cable News. Tip of the iceberg in both...with a ton of enablers.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Who's Kelly going to tell? Her boss?

Sources: Megyn Kelly Told Murdoch Investigators That Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her

Megyn Kelly’s Shocking Memoir: 9 Things We Learned About Roger Ailes’ Alleged Sexual Harassment

2. Ailes made sure to scare Kelly into not talking about his alleged harassment by reminding her who held the power.
“Roger had made sure I knew the stakes, telling me: ‘I don’t like to fight, but when I do, I fight to kill.’ The message could not have been clearer: ‘If you tell anyone, I will destroy you.’ ”

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The answer to "when?" is "whenever the fuck she feels like it."

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That awkward moment when the NFL hires a guy who ripped Janet Jackson's top off as the halftime entertainment at the Super Bowl.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.