1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Even The Wolf likely can't clean up Harvey Weinstein's pending troubles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Internet. It's a talking point of the Left, including "journalists." The way to ignore Weinstein is to focus on "OH MY GOD, FOX NEWS CAN'T TALK!" Just like you did.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I gotta say that my feed is full of Weinstein stories and not a single person has brought up O'Reilly. I have not seen any support for Weinstein or any attempt to excuse his behaviour. And my feed is nothing BUT lefties.

lakefront and Riptide like this.
  5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I got sidetracked by this graf, and now you can be, too ...

On Thursday, in an attempt to increase the show’s fun factor, Ms. Kelly danced to a Pitbull song with Hoda Kotb, the co-host of the 10 a.m. hour of “Today.” The two women asked audience members to join them in an “Ellen”-style shindig, with limited success. A clip of the brief dance party went viral on social media.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

You were gone when we all did chapter and verse on what a loathsome hyena Harvey Weinstein is.

Pointing out that Fox News should probably keep its voice down when talking about systematized office rape doesn't exonerate Weinstein.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

My feed is filled with political folk across the spectrum so I hear all 37 sides to any issue. I believe David Corn and his devoted followers were the last ones I saw Foxing it up.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Saying everyone at Fox News is culpable and therefore can't address Weinstein is stupid. That's like saying no reporter at a paper could speak against, say, the destructive effects of drunk driving if the publisher had gotten a DUI. O'Reilly goes on and talks about Weinstein, sure, it's open season. But last night it was, "TUCKER CARLSON NEEDS TO STFU. HE WORKS AT FOX!" Is there a history of Tucker Carlson being a sexual predator, or is that chorus just liberals who are content to ignore Weinstein because, well, his connections are a tad uncomfortable?

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The idea that Weinstein is being ignored is totally ridiculous. It's been a major news story since it broke.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not ignored by everyone. Just liberals who put politics above women's rights. Unfortunately there are more than a few. Because their/your religion dictates that politics comes first.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The story broke in the New York Times and the New Yorker, those eminent bastions of right-wing ideology.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Good thing it didn't take the mainstream media more than a couple weeks of rumors to break the story.

You should expand your reading list. Have you tried Twitter? Great resource.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.