1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of action. And the older Rick has to be some sort of red herring.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He's going to turn over and look Bob Newhart lovingly in the eyes.

3. Deskgrunt50

"You know, Michonne, you should wear more sweaters."

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Anyone planning on watching? I will, but I don't feel particularly great about it.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

C'mon. Who of us hasn't?

bigpern23 likes this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Old Man Rick isn't really that old. You can tell by the characters around him. I don't love those sequences, but I think I see where they are headed. I don't want to explain because it heads into spoiler territory based on the comics.

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Thought last season was mediocre with a few great episodes.

Enjoyed the start to Season 8. Rick and Co. on their game and not getting their asses handed to them for a change.

Fun to watch the first battle of the war.

Not a reader of the graphic novels, so it's all new to me

8. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

I know these are fictional characters, but I'm going to let out an audible cheer whenever Gregory gets his.

bigpern23 likes this.
  9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Negan has a bat. Father Gabriel has a gun. So, why should the priest be wearing his "shittin' pants?"

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Because Gabriel is a wimp and Negan knows it. He should have blasted a dozen holes in Negan the moment he spoke up, but he didn't and he won't.

Of course, Gabriel is also an idiot for getting himself into that situation in the first place.

11. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

One of the problems I have with the show is the frequency with which characters have made completely illogical moves. Gabriel's choice to save Gregory—at a point when the need to flee was urgent, and for the sake of a person who has just publicly aligned himself the enemy—is up there as an all-timer for this show.

bigpern23 likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don't understand why Gabriel just sat there as Gregory ran for the car. Chase him down and don't let him in the driver's seat. He obviously could run through the hoard of walkers to get to the trailer, so why couldn't he have run after Greg?

Apart from that, I really enjoyed the set up for the season. Gabriel made sure that Rick got the hell out of there when he was focused on his vendetta and not the mission. I'll be interested to see how all the flash forwards (dream ala Sasha's death?) tie in to the rest of the story.

Draft saved Draft deleted