1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Classic abusive enabling. If you didn't make daddy mad he wouldn't have to hit you.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

But will play well with @Guy Incognito!

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I hope to God he has a burner account and I hope to God it's @dril

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't doubt there have been/are going to be instances of our Dear Leader being falsely accused of something. If I can sack up and not respond to nonsense, so can he. He knew what he signed up for.

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

LongTimeListener likes this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

"I've found a new Alan Colmes for my show and his name is...Jimmy Carter? Wait. What the ever-living fuck?" - a confused Sean Hannity

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"We were misunderstood and/or taken out of context every single one of the 6 trillion times we said 'Jimmy Carter is the worst president ever!' "

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

SJ.com: Trump was unprepared, and couldn't remember his name.

Fact: Trump had his report in front of him, and specifically called him by name

SJ.com: He only knew his name because he was prepared had the report in front of him.

Johnson said when the president’s phone call came in to the master sergeant in the car with her, she asked that it be placed on speakerphone so others could hear it.

She said that’s when Trump told her, “he knew what he signed up for but it hurts anyways.”

“It made me cry because I was very angry about the tone of his voice and how he said it,” Johnson said. “He couldn’t remember my husband’s name. The only way he remembered my husband’s name was because he told me he had my husband’s report in front of him, and that’s when he actually said La David.”

Soldier's widow says Trump couldn't remember her husband's name

9. doctorquant

Not that it really matters, but what was the guy's name that Trump was supposed to use?

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I wasn't on the call. None of us were. It sounds like a dispute about "tone," which is highly nebulous. I am not in a position to judge Trump's "tone" on the call.

I am in a position to judge his current tone, though, on Twitter and elsewhere.

It sucks.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Sgt. Johnson?

12. doctorquant

If I tried to console a grieving widow, did everything the way I thought I was supposed to do, and she blew up at me, I'd say to myself, AND ONLY MYSELF, "Well, I tried." And that's it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.