1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 7 NFL Thread: Parity aplenty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 18, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I think 4 games would be excessive in this instance. Has to be more than 1, though, for shoving a ref like that. I'll wager it's 2 games and a hefty fine. Lynch is a unique dude. He gives zero shit about quite a few things, but he is really passionate about others. A case study in contrasts.

2. You can't touch an official. Ever.
    Four games minimum.
    Orlando Brown was suspended indefinitely. Until the NFL realized his eye wasn't healing, man that was the flukiest thing I ever saw.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Thrilling win for the Raiders (I'm a Niner fan); the last couple calls against the Chiefs were not even borderline so no complaining there.

Raiders though must have the worst receivers or worst coaching, what the hell were those guys doing with multiple receivers in the same place multiple times? Cooper, great talent but looks like its really in his head now with the drops.

Bowman was a decent pickup but he's unfortunately lost a ton because he used to fill gaps and meet runner in the hole, now he's 5 yds behind LOS, plus he can't cover anyone now and misses tackles. Glad he's somewhere and is definitely an upgrade over anyone the Raiders had.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think one game for Marshawn for running onto the field. Technically, the official made first contact.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I thought he was going to get two games: One for contact with an official and one for leaving the sidelines. Honestly, it's now in the Raiders' court. With his lack of contribution on the field and his antics in this game and after it, one has to wonder how much longer they are going to put up with it.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Just Marshawn being Marshawn.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

New Hampshire auto dealer running ads on Boston TV during the games today, saying that buying a car from his slick-talking dishonest competitors (unnamed) "is like buying a car from Roger Goodell."
    Five Super Bowls and these fans are still full of grievance. No wonder Kraft and Brady liked Trump.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

poindexter and Batman like this.
  10. outofplace

The Ravens often remind me of a crappy boxer who manages to hang on to his opponent long enough to have a shot at the end.

The Vikings started fast against them today with a three-and-out and a long punt return, but Keenum threw an interception on Minnesota's first play from scrimmage, which was in Baltimore territory. The Vikings forced a fumble with a big hit on Mike Wallace, but a full minute after the play was over, the officials had a conference and threw a flag for a personal foul. It was probably the right call, but it sure seemed like they used the replay on the scoreboard to make it. Either that or they decided that if a player had a concussion, somebody on the other team must have done something illegal.

(It looks like it wasn't the hit that caused the concussion. The hit knocked Wallace's helmet off and he hit the back of his head hard when he went to the ground. )

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Blake Bortles already has more passing yards today than he did two weeks ago against the Steelers.

12. outofplace

To be fair, he really didn't need to throw the entire second half of that game.

Draft saved Draft deleted