1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

It would kinda make sense tho.

Or Angle takes a lot of damage and JJ shows up to get him out of there, leaving Seth and Dean hung out to dry in a 5-on-2 now.

EIther way, I wouldn't mind seeing JJ get involved somehow because he needs the heat.

2. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Maybe Angle will bring back the hits and suplex Miz through a Plexiglass panel that doesn't give.

Rainman likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe Angle gets beat up backstage before the match? And then, as GM, he subs in Jordan or Matt Hardy or both. Or it just becomes a 5-on-2 until Roman climbs off his death bed, enters through the crowd, and takes down Braun Strowman with his new finishing move "The Viral Death Touch" to save the day.

sgreenwell and Tommy_Dreamer like this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Also of note, I guess A.J. Styles was pulled off the South American tour to pinch-hit on the PPV. Going in his place is Triple H.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Something like him pulling 'Dad' out after damage would be fine. It's just that once they announced his return, they'd really be upsetting fans if they postponed it.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

KO was also pulled but he had to go home for a family emergency, apparently. So the E does something awesome and sends HHH in their place. Great move.

Batman likes this.
  7. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Still one of the "coolest/painful" things I've seen.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  8. Tommy_Dreamer

I think the going back the other way spots hurt even more. Kurt eventually had to give up and throw him through and I think ended up cutting his hand pretty good in the process.

9. Rainman

You can clearly see Angle is exhausted after the first suplex, it’s incredible he finds the strengtht to do it again and again.

Tommy_Dreamer likes this.
  10. Rainman

Side note. Anyone else think Elias looks like 80s Macho Man?

11. Baron Scicluna

I said that a while ago. It's those eyes and the beard.

Rainman likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

That was roughly 20 minutes of my life well spent.

Batman and Rainman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted