1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gone to Shit'ification of ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 20, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When did Stephen A. start doing Jay Pharoah impressions?

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yep. I found Stephen A's over-the-top preening and Everett's ass-kissing laughter far more annoying than Lavar simply being Lavar.

They're just so convinced we're eating this shit up.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Stephen A. has stock in being a fool. It's constantly on the rise.

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

ESPN is trying so hard to appeal to the 18-35 male demographic that it’s willing to compromise any kind of integrity. From Barstool Sports to yukking it up and being fancy free in postgame interviews, as long as ESPN gets in the limelight, makes you stop and look, it doesn’t care much about the means it took to get there.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I doubt it's publicly traded, but wouldn't it be interesting if he were a silent partner/investor?

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The word 'silent' is not often seen in close proximity to Stephen A.

Batman and Michael_ Gee like this.
  7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Wilbon went off on this topic during PTI today. Called out any network that puts a microphone in Daddy Ball's face and said it was "editorial malpractice."

heyabbott and HanSenSE like this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Let me guess, this was strike one, and if they do it again, it's one ... two ... three strikes you're out?

[​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I type this every time, but it goes: SportsCenter used to be a hell of a show. You would have loved it, kids. May as well go back to the days of product placement on the set.

Was watching the 10 p.m PDT show last night, to get caught up. Highlight packages are their meat-and-potatoes, of course, but about halfway through they stop to interview Mark Harmon?

Draft saved Draft deleted