1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pistachios that aren't slit enough to crack the shells open.

Tweener, SpeedTchr and MTM like this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

And then you cut yourself under the fingernail. Yep, that bites a big one.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Cars that don't stop at pedestrian crosswalks, even at intersections which have a button to press a flashing light. Really bothers me as a frequent walker and one who is nervous to have my 12 year old cross busy intersections.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Old people who think I care that they disapprove of my cell phone habits.

I don't use it while driving. I don't make a lot of noise. I don't otherwise bother people.

So, kindly fuck off.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

They're irked by your cell phone use.
    You're irked by their disapproval.
    That's reciprocity - or a circle irk.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Irk? Hangovers. Had one all day. Migraines.

7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Oftentimes."
    Bugs me every time.

And I see it OFTEN!

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

People who treat neighborhood streets like a NASCAR track. Dude, no one is impressed, your Mustang is a piece of shit, and you have a micropenis.

Good day, sir.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I use pages on both sides of my reporter notebook, front to back, back to front. It irks me when I accidentally flip it, so notes from one event will be in front and another on the back, messing up the symmetry. Done that with my last two notebooks. It's even worse when I've turned it over mid story, so notes for the same article are on both sides.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I was sitting in a class the other night and someone was taking about how it's possible for there to be ambiguity with someone's sex at birth. Among other genetic traits, she mentioned the person could be born with a micropenis. It was all I could do to not start laughing like Beavis and Butthead in that moment.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It doesn't "irk" me but I find it funny: The players who bawl their eyes out commemorating seniors on senior night. They aren't dying. You're going to see them around campus tomorrow. Especially when senior night isn't the last game of the season. Oh well. Cryers gonna cry.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I contributed to a Patreon fund for an old acquaintance to be able to stay in his line of work (I really respected his initiative) and got a form email thank-you in return. Friendly, but clearly a form email. Guy's done well with hundreds of subscribers and enough money raised to last at least one year, but I think you have to make those thank-you notes count. Actually, you should enjoy the hell out of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted