1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I say this as someone who knows a lot of Trump voters in my extended family.

Immigration animated them. Call it xenophobia, call it Americanism, call it nativism, call it racism. Trump successfully persuaded these folks that he was serious about protecting American jobs and deporting "illegals."

I think that's won him the primary and, to some degree, the general. That issue. It trended ahead of health care in terms of importance:

4. Top voting issues in 2016 election

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Immigration is a safe space for racism to not feel like racism and it explains a lot of Trump's appeal. But you don't need to erode Trump's appeal to win. Those people were there for both Obama victories too.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

DMh3mkEUMAAcpfC.jpg

Meanwhile in Gainesville ...

melock, Inky_Wretch, JC and 4 others like this.
  5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

What does this have to do with Trump stepping on his dick? Or might you be deflecting again?

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

‘Go home, Spencer!’ Protesters disrupt white nationalist’s speech at the University of Florida

Thousands Of Protesters Show Up In Florida To Drown Out Richard Spencer's Hate | HuffPost

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Thousands of people turned out on Thursday at the University of Florida to protest an afternoon speech by a prominent white supremacist, making their message clear: Richard Spencer, and those like him, are not welcome.

Well before Spencer’s speech at a place that did not invite him, a mass of protesters was on hand to greet him. By the time Spencer took the stage at the Phillips Center for the Performing Arts, he was met by a small group of supporters and a larger group of activists.

Protesters chanted “Fuck you Spencer!” and “Go home Spencer!” as the white supremacist spoke.

“I love you too,” he said.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Benghazi Emails

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Refresh my memory - are these the best people or just very fine people?

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Right. So what are black voters looking for to get them back to the polls?

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The only sad part of this picture is that the puncher ran out of arm extension before he reached the back of the Nazi's head through his face.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

McCain hates Bush. Now, because Bush criticized Trump, he’s getting an attaboy from his “friend”John McCain.

Give me a break.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.