1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

He was certainly considered a rising star, but nowhere near a lock and nowhere near that soon.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The sad thing is there are a good half-dozen candidates out there who are under the radar because they are deemed as out of step with the current state of their respective parties. Sasse, Kasich, Sandoval, Thune, Steve Bullock of Montana, Charlie Baker of Massachusetts, Michael Bennett of Colorado.
    I realize the Ds only possible pickups are seen in Arizona and Nevada and they might lose Missouri, Indiana, West Virginia and North Dakota - but the party might consider bringing in new candidates for some of the safer seats like California, Maryland, NJ, and Delaware where the avg incumbent is north of 70.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

It might be a term early, but Eric Swalwell will be a senator some day out of California. He's in his third term as a representative of an area just east of San Fran and San Jose. He's young (36), is a former prosecutor and has worked his way up from the ground floor (started at the local government as a city councilman). Of course he can't run for senator next year because we need to have Diane Feinstein re-elected so she can be there in 2024 to celebrate her 91st birthday.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Then they'll say Hilliary let the dog out.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Dear Riptide.
    Your opinion is noted and given the lack of consideration it deserves. Please try to use your time on SJ.com more productively.
    Sincerely,
    OOP

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One problem in states where one party is dominant (goes for GOP) too, is that there's a real status system based on seniority for candidates for top jobs within the party. Elizabeth Warren had to spend the first part of her general election campaign against Scott Brown wooing party leaders, not because they thought her views were too left wing, but because she had bypassed the seniority system and they resented it.

Alma and YankeeFan like this.
  7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He could have said it or you are 99% certain he said it. Which one? Those are not the same thing.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes they are.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Alex Jones nods approvingly ...

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't care who paid for it, I want the pee-pee tape.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm shocked we're at a point where the POTUS gets on Twitter to accuse the FBI of being involved in a conspiracy like that. Did Fox & Friends do a story that prompted this?

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He's talking about this board and Twitter. "I hang out with libs all of the time.*"

* - on the Internet

poindexter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.