1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Things that irk you......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That was unintentional...

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

that's why god invented alcohol. but if you need to be spry the next day and really want time to pass, i've always found that exercise is a great panacea, ideally swimming or kayaking. It's a trick I picked up from Magnum P.I.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Then you bought a shitty pump. Mine will go from 0 to 60 psi in about 50 pumps.

4. Vombatus

I don't know. I didn't count. I just knew it was going to take a long time because my SUV tire was so flat, the rim was almost down to the ground. It's not just psi. It's mainly the amount of air volume you've got to get in there, which is obviously a lot more than a bicycle tire. Thus 100-200 was my ballpark estimate, and I've got a damn good pump.

My main point is that, in a pinch, you can actually use a bicycle/ basketball / sports pump, but it does take a lot of work.

5. Vombatus

iPhone OEM lightning cables SUCK. They fray and are really cheap SHIT. I've had three shred on me.

Make an $800 phone and provide a cheap shit charging cable. Assholes. Rot in hell, Steve Jobs.

Rant off. Kind of super irks me though.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

People that are stupid.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

People who use "that" instead of "who" to refer to people :cool:

8. CD Boogie

My daughter, who is 9, has this tic where she regularly inserts "what" instead of "that" into sentences. I don't even correct her bc I think it's cute and will eventually disappear.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I don't know . . . the next step might be a steady use of "R" or "U" or "EZ" and who knows what she's likely to do when confronted by the choices of there/their/they're.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

When you're in line at the market and the person in front of you blocks the way from you putting your items on the conveyor belt. Then when they get to the front, they don't step to the other side of the register, further holding up the line.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

People are the worst.

12. CD Boogie

Apparently Ashley Graham was a pioneer, because now SI is including even more girls who don't qualify as traditional swimsuit models.

Small-town Connecticut girl defies modeling convention, lands Sports Illustrated’s coveted swimsuit issue
    Small-town Connecticut girl defies modeling convention, lands Sports Illustrated’s coveted swimsuit issue

I get the idea of including average women who are more reflective of people at large, but why aren't there women with great bodies but less than "ideal" faces? They are saying that Ashley Graham and this woman are beautiful despite having larger than usual (for swimsuit models) bodies -- all bc they have beautiful faces.

There's a patronizing element to this whole movement to include larger-sized women. Like, how is that Kate Wasley (and her body type) is settled on as something to put forward? I know this is sensitive ground, but I'm genuinely curious how (and who) it was decided that Ashley Graham and Kate Wasley are eligible to become SI swimsuit models? I see countless women each day who are more attractive than them, and with the exact same body types and similar faces.

I wonder, too, what other models think of them. Are they accepted as peers? Thought of as tokens?

I guess this doesn't irk me as much as it baffles me. Then again, I never understood how Giselle became the highest-paid model in the world, either.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
Draft saved Draft deleted