1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Halloween (and stupidity)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Vombatus, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Ever since my kids were old enough for trick or treating (the first Bush was President!) I felt my duty was to have a house kids could trick or treat at. My kids have been out of the house for a long time, but I still see it as a neighborhood responsibility. Also, it's way more fun than just another party would be.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Adult costume parties are fun into your 20s.
    As you get into your latter 20s, they should probably stop.

As a corollary, however, do not attend costume parties without wearing a costume.
    If you are too old to wear a costume and have been invited to a costume party involving others who do not understand they are too old to wear costumes, you should politely decline and make an excuse.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm in my 40s and I was going to wear a Vader mask to take my son out trick-or-treating in his Luke Skywalker costume.

Wenders and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Pics or GTFO!

CD Boogie likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Gordy, why?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I feel like many adults still dress up in my town. I generally hate it, though about once every 6 years I have an inspired idea and participate.

I once wore an orange shirt to a huge costume party in college because I couldn’t come up with an idea. Whatever you do, whatever you do, don’t do that.

9. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I have a Godzilla suit I wear when I work with kids who are too young to think they're too cool for Halloween. I am considering making little bitty Tokyos to stomp for my favorite kids. The holiday is either feast or famine based on whether the Fundies do their Trunk or Treat Fests on October 31 or if they hedge their best and do it a few days before.

Draft saved Draft deleted