1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What are you drinking right now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by cjericho, Jul 21, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Founder's Breakfast Stout.

2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

Ninkasi Sleigh'r, the company's seasonal ale. Good. Doesn't inspire quite the burn as Deschutes' Jubelale ... which is a plus and a minus.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

What HAVEN'T I drank since Monday?
    Mrs. Chiquet and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary this week. We pretty much split a flight and a beer each place...so I won't get into too many details:
    Monday - Dayton (Carillon) & Cincinnati (Rhinegeist, Mad Tree, Taft's)
    Tuesday - Lexington (Country Boy, West Sixth, Blue Stallion, Rock House)
    Wed/Thu - Asheville (Green Man, Burial, Catawba, Asheville, Hi-Wire, Wicked Weed, Twin Leaf, White Labs, Sierra Nevada, Highland)
    Fri - Roanoke (Parkway, Twin Creeks, Starr Hill, Big Lick)
    Today - Columbus (Platform)

Fly likes this.
  4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Well...last night, not right now. But...Whitmeyer's Barrel Selection #3 Texas Bourbon.

Whitmeyer's - whiskey distillery in Northeast Houston that I'd never heard of until yesterday. Wife and I are in town, killing time until a wedding today. Went to a wine an whiskey tasting that had 2 of Whitmeyer's whiskeys. As part of it, we got tickets for a distillery tour @Whitmeyer's. With nothing else to do (until needing to be in front of the TV for the A&M game for my wife :)), wife and I said "why the hell not" and went.
    Was SUPER cool. Owner of the distillery was smoking sausages outside when we showed up. Super chill place. Small operation, so the tour was literally of 1 room. But then got to drink whiskey, watch the Stros, and eat (free) smoked sausage. Was a pretty great stumble-upon.

And the Barrel Selection bourbon was out of sight. The wife, who I can never get to drink whiskey, even enjoyed it. Though she liked the uncut single barrel better. Taking a bottle of each back to Wisconsin with us.

ChrisLong likes this.
  5. cjericho

Split a Stone Tangerine Express IPA with Mrs, pretty good.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I had a St. Pete's cream stout the other day.
    That was quite good.

7. cjericho

Dogfish Head Oak Aged Vanilla World Wide Stout. Excellent. World Wide Stout is 18%, this is 16%, but doesn't seem like that much.

8. spikechiquet

9. cjericho

I hope to go this one, only been to Boston. One thing I don't get is why he gets his panties in a bunch over --

now-usual crowd of fratties who take a valuable ticket to simply crowd in front of the Oskar Blues or New Belgium booth, or queue in front of Pabst Blue Ribbon to suck down water flavored beer one ounce at a time when they could sit at La Bohème and get the same crap-quality booze and entertainment for half the prerice.

The more lining up there means less on line at Treehouse, Monkish, Side Project, The Answer, etc.

spikechiquet likes this.
  10. spikechiquet

True! LOL. But I would also prefer people that go actually appreciate the beer for what it is...not to try to get drunk. So I get that point, but yeah, personally, the more people that hover at a beer fest at the macro crap or Boston Beer table means less people for the other good stuff.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Milk Stout from Left Hand Brewing Co.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I’m gonna need a few more of these after the Trojans' performance.

unnamed.jpg .

Draft saved Draft deleted