1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Podcasts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 16, 2016.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Norm's delivery is off-putting IMHO; sounds so droll, make me want to listen, not want to turn you off.

2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

The Rosenthal/Jeselnik NFL thing only lasted one season. Not a surprise. They mocked Goodell regularly. One episode was just a song clip on repeat.

Others in recent rotation:
    Two Writers Slinging Yang
    Pod Save America
    The Dollop -- comedy/American history
    You Can Bet on That (for recreational gamblers)

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Pod Save America's twice-a-week and Lovett or Leave It (both from CrookedMedia) are the best things to hit podcasting since ear buds.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

JR just found a new podcast called "The Fridge Light" by Chris Nuttall-Smith, food critic for the Globe and Mail. Really enjoyable look at unusual food topics ... who knew yeast could be that interesting??

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Downright infectious.

HC likes this.
  6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Is anyone listening to Ear Hustle? Really interesting podcast produced by an inmate at San Quentin about life in prison. Highly recommended.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The first 2 segments were incredible, if sometimes difficult to listen to.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

On my list lately, and apologies if I overlap from other threads or this one:

- There is a 30 for 30 podcast series, a mixture of supplemental stuff for the episodes and completely new stuff. They're both good, even if you haven't seen the particular episode.

- Jalen and Jacoby. The only "daily" sort of sports show I check out now.

- Finally checked out Radiolab. Some of the episodes are a bit too preachy / lefty for me, but most are pretty interesting stories. Reveal is the same way, although it skews even more left and isn't as appealing to me as a result. (It also almost always tends to be depressing. "We went inside a prison for three months and it was awful!")

- Gimlet (makers of Crimetown) are doing a new podcast, Uncivil, about the Civil War. I listened to the first episode, about Harriet Tubman the Spy, but it didn't really grab me. Same thing goes with a foreign language focused spin-off from Reply All (I think).

- House of Carbs, a food podcast from The Ringer. Joe House, Simmons' friend, mostly talks about food with chefs and other gluttons. Light listening, which is nice.

- And shameless plug: I host a podcast on pre-2000s video games with two buddies, Your Parents Basement. - Your Parents Basement

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Uncivil didn't grab me either, but I'm going to give it a few episodes before I write it off. Agreed on the 30 for 30 podcasts.

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I've found the 30 for 30 ones enjoyable; I've found them better once I watch the episodes

Jalen and Jacoby as well, but cannot take it every day.

Really enjoying the Dick Enberg Secret of Success; Billie Jean King and Vin Scully podcasts were some of the best I've heard this year.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Currently into two podcasts:

The Dream, which is about the back story of MLMs (without villifying the women who are the consultants in hopes of making extra money for their families)

Cold Podcast, which is a new investigative podcast about the disappearance of Susan Cox Powell.

Draft saved Draft deleted