1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP recent White Sox reliever Daniel Webb

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You ain't joking.

First time I went on one, I was behind our guide on a tour of sorts, and followed him into a puddle. Whatever was under the puddle turned my wheels abruptly sideways, into a barbed wire fence.

If not for the perfect way my body contorted, I probably would be dead.

Fuck ATVs.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

For real. Ask Rodney Rogers, man.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think we've had this discussion before, but the fact that ATVs are so dangerous and yet in rural areas are one of the more popular forms of entertainment for young children is crazy.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What, you never played redneck tag as a kid? All you need is an ATV and a handgun. Good clean fun

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Had a buddy buy a new ATV this summer. His first ride, with his son on the back, he was going up a hill and it flipped over on him. Kid got out of the way, thank God, but buddy got crushed. Broke every rib, half of them twice, his pelvis, and his back. He's lucky to be alive, but he has a long road ahead and wakes up screaming with nightmares about his boy being killed.

Returned the thing with, like, 200 yards on it, and bought a hot tub instead to help with his physical therapy.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Another death caused by an ATV accident was Dave Matthews Band saxophone/woodwind player Leroi Moore.

His accident was in the Charlottesville area in June several years ago, and his recovery seemed to be ok, and he went out to California in the fall and took a turn for the worse and died.

RIP. Great saxophonist.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I was just coming to post that.
    A unbelievable saxophonist.

Vombatus likes this.
  10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rodney Rogers' accident was on a motorbike.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This is the LeRoi Moore thread.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It sure ain't the Daniel Webb thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted