1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think you misread my intention there. I was in no way absolving him of his ignorance. It's ludicrous (and demeaning to those who suffer and suffered under Castro's regime) to compare almost any facet of life in the U.S. unfavorably to life in Cuba.

It was a critique of Kaepernick. He's not the guy I'd choose to take up the banner he's taking up.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

This thread today reminds me of going to the dog park.

It seems there's always two dogs that no matter how well behaved they are with every other dog in the park, and no matter how hard their people try to keep them away from each other, just end up trying to rip each others throats out for no reason. Eventually their people learn not to bring them in when the other is already there. Unfortunately we can't seem to ask the dogs to make that rational decision for themselves.

LongTimeListener and HanSenSE like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Do you think the CIA or WHO did their own studies or surveys in Cuba?

The idea that I’m undermining trust in “facts” by questioning the statistics put out by Cuba is insanity.

1984 is accepting the numbers put out by a totalitarian regime, when you know better.

4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Just wondering - are we still claiming that Republicans weren't divisive before 2016, and that Republicans never question the patriotism of Democrats?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The greatest health care.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. The theory was that was his goal in pushing the USFL to a fall schedule. He it would hasten the demise of the USFL, but he was hoping it would force a merger and he would be one of the owners brought in.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If Tim Tebow had kneeled during the national anthem in support of saying merry Christmas over happy holidays, they'd give him his own NASCAR team and let him win every race for a year.

BadgerBeer likes this.
  8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I don't usually love hypotheticals, but it's an interesting thought experiment. It is 2010 and Tim Tebow kneels to bring attention to the persecution of Christianity under Obama.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

People were already constantly screeching about "the persecution of Christianity under Obama" by that time.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yes, that's why the particular hypo.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Evangelicals would be trying to figure out how to beatify Tebow while he was still living.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Well.....at least the dogs can IGNORE each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.