1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best regional restaurant chains

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Sep 25, 2017.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

The one in my hometown closed at least a generation ago.

2. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

I loved Culver's when I lived in the Midwest. The frozen custard, plus the cheese curds.
    Does Steak 'n Shake count as regional? Because I really like that place as well.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Quad-Cities region: A shout out to Happy Joe's Pizza.

Before everyone had one, their taco pizza was THE late night food item in Iowa City, during my college years. I believe they dumped a bag of Doritos on top of the ground beef, cheese, tomato and lettuce-topped pizza. And it came with packets of spicy taco sauce to apply to each piece. A glorious mess!

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And this right here is why I avoid Mexican east of the Mississippi

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Whenever I am in the OC - admittedly, not often - I always hit BJ's Brewhouse - and the Yard House - at least twice.

When I was on the road in my junior hockey days, always enjoyed hitting up Damon's in Saginaw and Erie but it looks like those are gone....

6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Used to like this local little St. Louis bread company, but it's changed for the worse lately.

swingline likes this.
  7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This chain has 69 locations in Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia.

Who named that joint?* Park first, then eat!

* OK, mystery solved here: Eat'n Park Restaurant
    The chain also used to have a Big Boy affiliation.

[​IMG]

Vombatus likes this.
  8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You should build a ... ahhh, forget it.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Just read this morning that the Outback we go to is shutting down. For steak on non-special occasions, we chose between Lonestar and Outback. Lonestar started to drop in quality/service so we gravitated more toward Outback. Lonestar closed its two local locations about a year ago, now Outback is done locally. Instead of Outback, we'll be going out back, my backyard and grill 'em myself.

11. albert777

albert777 Active Member

Ward's is a South Mississippi tradition. Based in Hattiesburg, there's one in just about every small town between Jackson and Biloxi. Specialties are the chili dogs and chiliburgers, and they have their own root beer recipe that's almost as good as A&W.

Batman likes this.
  12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted