1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You guys might know this, but Hal Mumme is the head coach at Belhaven.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm confused. I thought the Champions of Life thing was for teams that lost as a means of obscuring the defeat. Can you elaborate?

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Oh it deserves much more pomp and circumstance than that. Think of it as a boxing championship belt. One team owns it until it is beaten, at which point the title is given to the winning team. And so on.

Because Butch Jones created the "Champions of Life" title, perhaps as a means to distract from an embarrassing loss, his Vols were the inaugural titleholders. Then Vandy beat them. Thus the title began its grand journey.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So you have to lose to a Champion of Life to become the Champion of Life - kind of like "to be the man, you CAN'T beat the man?"

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Late on this thread, but Saquon Barkley is really, really impressive. Power, speed, agility, vision. I really think he might be the best college RB in a decade. He's better than Zeke or any of the guys drafted last year.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Barkley <> Bush?

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Charade you are, Chef! Bush was drafted in 2006 (and Peterson in 2007, meaning his last college season was 2006, so don't @ me).

Chef2 likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

lol

Big Circus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted