1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I see what you did here. Kudos, sir.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Does he even get an increased cut of jersey sales?

3. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Given the lack of success that Sharpton has had in running for electoral office I do not think he is someone Democratic voters consider a attractive candidate for electoral office. I think a reason why is his personal behavior and some of his statements. Pariah is too strong a word because he is clearly not shunned on a personal level.

And after you condemn the Democrats for not shunning Sharpton please defend the Republicans making Strom Thurmond chair of the Senate Judiciary committee.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is one of history's quirky little stories that Thurmond strongly advised the GOP not to impeach Clinton on the grounds "we don't have the votes." His last notable act.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How's NASCAR's ratings?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It was probably just the "traveling east" thing but the Raiders, Broncos and Seahawks played like total shit. In the case of the Raiders, they were trying to figure out by kickoff what to do since, to stay in the locker room, they would have missed the coin toss and incurred a penalty.

7. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

True, but we have to admit that no one falls for it harder than us.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I dunno about the Raiders and Broncos, but I saw much of the Seahawks game and their problems are the same at home or on the road. They can't block, and therefore can't keep their defense off the field with any kind of ball possession. That's neither jet lag nor politics.

9. Vombatus

Redskins have had a hell of a lopsided time of possession during their past two games. Damn near 40-20.

10. Vombatus

Oh, sorry. I forgot which thread I was in.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I may have to display my flag upside down. (sorry for the bad pic) (and sorry pic of gold star flag was to big)

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's hilarious that after decades of drug use, domestic violence and a laundry list of crimes committed by NFL players, that the backlash to Trump's tweets is what is getting the "moral majority" to announce they are all turning off their TVs. "I'm OK if you get roided up, snort coke, get caught with hookers, beat your wife ... as long as you stand for the anthem!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.