1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NBA offseason/come join us Lebron! thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Irving trade only happened because it came so relatively quickly after Irving said he wanted out. Had the Cavs let it fester, they would've gotten much less.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

That reminds me of Winston Churchill's joke.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Russell Westbrook agrees to 5-year.......$205 million dollar extension.

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That'll buy a lot of stupid looking clothes.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The NBA anthem memo is such an unforced error. 99 percent of those complaining about anthem protests already thought Stokely Carmichael was running the league. They’re making an issue where there wasn’t one.

NBA reiterates to teams: Stand for anthem

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If they make Westbrook a captain, the other team is going to be able to get Durant in the 10th round.

Batman and Stoney like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I hope they do the "pick" as part of All-Star Saturday. It will be interesting if only to figure which feuds are legit. I would have more enjoyed the teams divided by where the players grew up

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The NHL has done this. The players are just shitfaced at the draft.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Based on last year's rosters: I would love to see the whole Paul George, Westbrook, Durant, Kyrie and LeBron line-up out there.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Rugby League in Australia does this. Middle of the season they play a 3 game series and the whole country goes nuts. Went to one game and was working in a club for another, sheer craziness.

State of Origin series - Wikipedia

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They should do like we used to do on the playground and shoot for teams. First five starters to make a 3-pointer are Team A, the rest are Team B. Then you get to have fun with the guys who are obviously tanking their shots to get on one team or the other.

Draft saved Draft deleted