1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If Goodell sends Trump another $3.76 check with "Small Potatoes" on the memo line in the mail, I wouldn't blame him.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Fuck you, you can't come anyway!

SnarkShark and YankeeFan like this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It's almost as if business owners invested in technology and machinery that boosted the productivity of their workers, rather than simply paying the employees more.

Looks like it was a good strategy.

I'll bet shareholders rewarded the folks who made these decisions.

TeamBud likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Huh. I figured they'd hit it off. Same taste in shoes and everything.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That's what makes me think someone off of Eisen and Co. may say something about it.
    Towing the company line and all.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Unable to discuss Trump?

And the nuns did what they thought was right. Practiced their First Amendment rights.

They went to court. You know what Obama DIDNT say? He didn't say "those bitches should be dragged out of the church and fired."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump has American culture wrapped around his finger.

His jackass, red meat comments at a rally deserve either no response or "The President is entitled to his opinion. So are NFL players."

The outrage and solemnity with which both D. Smith and Goodell responded is exactly the kind purse-clutching liberalism Trump loves.

Surely he loved nothing more than rescinding the Warriors invitation.

SnarkShark likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

He appears to be inflicting damage on a a big American business. Not really "America First."

I would be willing to bet a lot more NFL players will be protesting this Sunday.

9. YankeeFan

LOL.

Deskgrunt: “Did you see what he said! He’s terrible. I can’t believe he would criticize someone for exercising their First Amendment rights.”

(Obama restricts the religious liberty of nuns.)

Deskgrunt: “Yeah, but he didn’t say anything bad about them.”

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Toeing, Chef! You know that best! :cool:

Vombatus, HC and Chef2 like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump has American white racism wrapped around his finger. That's a big part of our culture, but not the only part. I have some experience with NFL players, and most of them are pretty apolitical, just like most other Americans. Those with strong opinions run the gamut from right-wing militia to militant lefty. But they all have one thing in common, as do NBA players -- a psychopathic level of competitiveness. They've been called out, and a lot of them are going to respond publicly. Goodall HAS to try to get out in front of this deal, however ineptly (that's a given with Rog). It could tear the league apart and worse, engender genuine militancy in sports' weakest union.

I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  12. YankeeFan

Something finally got Moddy interested in politics!

SnarkShark and Vombatus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.