1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maybe the best 13 minutes of my life

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Grohl may be the coolest guy in the world.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Dave still rocking the flannel.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"He's the guy from Nirvana?!!!" LOL

5. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

This is the first time I ever watched carpool karaoke. Why would I want to watch Foo Fighters singing their own stuff? How is that novel? The banter was cool but I'd rather watch them singing covers of other people's music.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I can only repeat what Chef said ... Dave Grohl has got to be one of the coolest people on Earth. And what a true rock icon, given what he did with Nirvana behind Cobain, then turning around and fronting one of the great bands of their time.

I wouldn't mind sitting down for a beer with Taylor Hawkins, either.

I loved that. Thanks, Moddy.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

A friend of mine named Ben Raby, who does some radio work in the D.C. area, sent me a picture not long after I moved - he was in a bar in Georgetown and in walks Grohl. Ben said he could not believe how "regular" he was interacting with people.

I would have shit myself. Because my outward aura of total cool masks the kind of guy who would shit himself!

Chef2 likes this.
  8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Playing the set in Guitar Center with a Rick Astley song was awesome.

9. I swear I thought this was going to be a Moddy sex story .... I mean, I knew he was obviously exaggerating, but still ... I clicked.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Fixed.

Draft saved Draft deleted