1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 18, 2017.

1. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

In last week's thread I mentioned the new tradition at the end of first quarters in Iowa City.
    EDIT: Tried to link to a B/R story, but it didn't work.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The phrase "true freshman" ... use that as your "Drink!" phrase while watching a game sometime.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Arizona and Utah are playing a game of "Who Wants It Less?!?!" Humorous moment at the end of the first half when Alex Whittingham bungled the punt snap, leading the FS1 analyst to note that he is "basically the son" of Kyle Whittingham.

Basically?

justgladtobehere likes this.
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Gawd, Arizona sucks. Their quarterback can't throw. He can't throw an accurate pass.

Utah has a lineman with the last name "PENISINI". Best built-in nickname ever.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I bet his mom loves wearing that jersey around town.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention the backbone of the point your guy was trying to make: Biblical verses that chastise people for sexual sin. Hearing this discussion of the book made him immediately think of Romans. It is proof, he wrote, that Paul was right to chastise women for their sexual sins.
    These people can't go 10 seconds without browbeating women for getting raped. It is where their disturbed theology leads them.

8. doctorquant

Show us the quote, Woodstein.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

His arrival to announce going to ND -- the limo to the college football hall of fame -- is still the gold standard

10. tapintoamerica

11. doctorquant

12. tapintoamerica

No hiding here, doc. You can't cut and paste within the PDF. Won't let you do it.
    "It provides empirical evidence for what Paul says about humanity under sin," is the best I can do by going back and forth between pages.
    I encourage you to read the link.

Draft saved Draft deleted