1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 18, 2017.

1. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

I'd be stunned if Bert returned to the division and it wasn't to Iowa. I'm guessing his aim is to follow Kirk whenever he's done.

2. dirtybird

dirtybird Well-Known Member

Is that how things have gone in that state? I figured in a place with so few big schools, you'd have a lot of snap it to the athlete and have him run behind some grunts.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Don't know if it is fact or legend, but supposedly in the Dr. Tom glory days, each county got one scholarship to send a kid to Lincoln for college. By sheer coincidence, a lot of the rural counties would keep sending 250-lbs. farm boys that would spend 2-3 years studying up on the intricacies of blocking for the triple option and magically gaining 30-40 pounds through, umm, advanced nutrition and training, before being unleashed on the Big 8 as walk ons.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

As a Vandy grad, I've never been as excited for a regular season game as I am for this tilt against Bama. If they pull off the upset, it'll be the biggest win in the program's history. I am getting my hopes up. I don't care. This year's team just feels different. The defense is there, and now they have the threat of throwing the ball. This game can't start soon enough.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Remarkably Vandy has looked this good even with the run game in a bit of an inexplicable slump. Both Webb and Blasingame are capable of more than they've shown so far. I wish them great success in returning to form beginning Sept. 30.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't think Vandy beats Alabama, but I think they cover.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Double digit dogs at home are EASY money.
    Except for Baylor.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Don't forget those 6-foot-7, 300-pound swimmers who were given scholarships and pointed toward the football field.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

That job is going to one person when Kirk is done and unless he is Bert's biological father, Bert ain't getting it.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I look for teams that are 0-3 ATS so far. Eventually they'll cover. (No team has gone 0-for the season ATS in at least 15 years).

Sports Betting News and Vegas Odds

Missouri +18
    Wyoming -6.5
    Baylor +28. Although last week was a push for most of the week.
    Not touching BYU. They just may go 0-12.

Likewise I'll go against Purdue and Vandy. They'll eventually run out of gas. Michigan hasn't covered its last two so they're due.

Also Iowa +12.5. Ferentz is 11-0-1 ATS in revenge games (where the opponent won the season before). They usually play very well at home at night as a dog.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

If Vandy can survive the emotional and physical output they will have Saturday and survive the game without too many injuries, I think they've got a damn good shot of beating Florida on the 30th.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

They lost by 32 against Purdue and you're taking 18 against Auburn?

Draft saved Draft deleted