1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VIDEO: Seattle Neo-Nazi picked the wrong day to wear a swastika armband

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I was trying to explain how I believe that violence, or at least the threat of it, is sometimes a regrettable but necessary response to assholes being assholes and trolls being trolls. Then I went to bed.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Just please tell me you used the word "defenestration" in speaking to the manager. It's my favorite word and I've yet to be able to properly use it in an actual live situation.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Cute.

What a douche you are.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You can keep dropping the T-bomb on me all you want. You are the one who said you are engaged in "globe-critical" work, as compared to the rest of us. Your words. Not mine.

Then you sat down with Alec Baldwin.

I never understand why we're supposed to treat you like any more than what you are, which is a paparazzo with a press pass.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Careful ... I have it on good authority that he'll come at you like a spider monkey.

RickStain likes this.
  6. doctorquant

"Good and kind sir, unless you restrain the obstreperous one to our near left, I shall be forced to engage in a rather raucous defenestration of same forthwith."

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

obstreporous AND defenestration? I might rightly shart

Big Circus likes this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

And, in the other corner:

[​IMG]

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Actually, I live in Westchester now and I'm originally from Staten Island where I was involved in many fist fights back in the day (although none the past 40 years). These days, I've become a pacifist despite my empathy for Nazi punchers.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. doctorquant

So noted ... you will henceforth carry the sobriquet Westchester Wopper.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Much like men who wear those pregnancy bellies so they can better understand what women go through when bearing children, we should all wear Nazi armbands out in public so we can better empathize with Nazi sympathizers and try to wrap our minds around just where they are coming from and what they are feeling.

poindexter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.