1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VIDEO: Seattle Neo-Nazi picked the wrong day to wear a swastika armband

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Sep 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

#FAKENEWS

Coffee is trash. Iced tea is GOAT.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm going to tell a little story.

Last week I was in London. I was eating in a nice restaurant with some friends. It wasn't a bar or a pub. It was a restaurant, and not a cheap one. It had lots of potted ferns. Mostly there were couples there on dates. But there was one table of five (two men, three women) who were celebrating a birthday for one of the women. That's fine. However, one of the men was exceedingly drunk, and therefore was exceedingly loud. He wasn't just talking loudly. He was hollering and hooting like Ric Flair. And again, this wasn't a bar or a pub where that sort of thing might be expected. He was getting dirty looks from just about everybody in the restaurant. HE WAS BEING VERY, VERY LOUD.

Dirty looks, to me, are a sign of pure impotence. So I got up and spoke to the manager, and this is exactly what I said: "I'm going to give you a chance to shut that guy up, please and thank you, or I'm going to throw him out that window." I pointed at the window I had pre-selected for his defenestration. The three tables within earshot all agreed that the guy was being an unadulterated asshole. The manager said, "Please don't throw him out the window." I said, "Well then, shut him up. These are the two options."

The manager shut him up. He then came back to check on me, I would estimate, every four minutes for the rest of the evening. I told him everything was fine. Wasn't it better now that the guy was quiet? Wasn't everybody in the restaurant happier?

He asked me where I'm from. "Born here," I said, "but live in Canada."

"Ah," he said. "Because a British person would have just tolerated that sort of behaviour. I thought Canadians were nice."

"We're not nice," I said. "That's a myth. We're polite. But if anybody steps out of line, they get fucked up. That's how Canada works. You obey the rules, everything's fine. Polite. Orderly and systematic. You break the rules, and somebody's going to fill you in. You can tolerate whatever you want. I'm not going to have my night out ruined by an asshole. He doesn't get to make his own rules."

You might think this story makes me the asshole. I don't really care. I believe in rules, and I believe that breaking rules should have consequences. Otherwise the rules are useless. As we've discussed before, Canada has laws against hate speech. I support those laws. People break them, they deserve to be punished.

Fuck loud people in nice restaurants. And fuck Nazis a million times harder.

That's civilization to me.

Riptide and cranberry like this.
  3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

"It had lots of potted ferns."

LOL.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The real lessons for all of you junior Nazis out there is that if you remain closeted and don't provoke people, you stand little chance of getting punched and perhaps seriously injured ...

http://nypost.com/2017/09/18/jerk-in-nazi-armband-starts-fights-ends-up-knocked-out/

Seattle police officials Monday confirmed reports of a man sporting a swastika armband, saying he was “instigating fights.” But the individual refused to cooperate when approached by officers.

“Police were on scene in 5 mins & found him on the ground. He declined to provide info about incident & left after removing his armband,” the department tweeted. “No one else at the scene contacted officers to make a report about the incident.”

According to Twitter users, the man who was wearing the armband was first spotted on a bus — Seattle’s D line, to be exact — where he was allegedly accosting a black man.

“Nazi s–t head seen on D line headed to downtown #Seattle,” wrote user @bigotbasher, an Emerald City resident.

5. typefitter

It really did. It looked exactly like the restaurant from the "wafer thin mint" scene in The Meaning of Life.

Vombatus likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Leave me out of this.

Vombatus, cyclingwriter2 and HC like this.
  7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Dick Whitman likes this.
  8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wow, you polite but tough as nails Canadians sure are awesome. The world's one truly enlightened nationality.

Thank you for advising the rest of us on how to handle things in your civilized but principled ways.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    Dick Whitman and QYFW like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So if the Nazi was instigating fights, then nobody has a problem with him being punched, right?

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm sure plenty of people do. In fact, the person who tracked him down and punched him probably violated the law and should be prosecuted. I would contribute to his defense fund.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

That fucking Seattle Nazi was an embarrassment to Hitler. The punch was coming from a mile away, and he had no defense at all. Not a duck, not a block. Nuthin.
    The American Nazis aren't going to last too long with wusses like this one.

12. typefitter

You're welcome, Sled Ted.

spikechiquet and HC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.