1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five fratbros charged in felony hazing incident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thankfully, I never heard of a "root beer kegger" during my college years.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Glass table involved?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This punishment wasn't enough to satisfy everyone?

The school said it hired a third party to investigate the allegation last year and took "corrective actions," but officials declined to provide details on any punishment, citing federal privacy laws.

Sources told the Tribune that several players were required to perform 50 hours of community service and write an eight-page essay reflecting on their behavior.

5. Dick Whitman

My wife's second cousin plays baseball at Wheaton, or did. (I think he graduated.)

Her other cousin, the Wheaton kid's sister, went to Dinesh's school in Manhattan.

Hard to understand why Mrs. Whitman's gay brother felt uncomfortable around the mom.

6. YankeeFan

I've been on this campus a lot.

It seems incredibly boring, but the kids I've dealt with are unfailingly nice.

That a school like this would roll over for a division 3 football team blows my mind.

That the "long time coach" and administrators knew about this incident almost immediately, and did next to nothing about it, leaves me with only one solution: disband the football program.

7. Dick Whitman

My wife's two cousins, no shit, are like the two nicest human beings I have ever met in my entire life. Hate fags, I assume. But they are so, so, so nice. Honestly.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

At one point, the players suggested to the freshman that he had been kidnapped by Muslims who wanted to fornicate with goats, the teen told investigators. They patted his foot and suggested he would be their "goat" for the evening, the records said.

The freshman told investigators that his teammates restrained him with more duct tape during the drive, pulled down his shorts and underwear, then repeatedly tried to insert an object into his rectum. After the freshman yelled at them to stop, he was beaten, he said.

The ass. These paragons of male power always go for the ass.

wicked and Ace like this.
  9. YankeeFan

Every time.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ooh! Chris Spielman's son is one of the defendants. That'll juice it up.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

One is Chris Spielman's son.

12. Dick Whitman

The dumbest guy in my high school had a Chris Spielman jersey he proudly wore all the time, spelled "S-P-E-I-L-M-A-N."

So perfect.

Got about 100 times more tail than I did, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted