1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2017 Week 2 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 5, 2017.

1. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Yeah, at least a few weeks.

But talk to some Georgia fans around here, and they will tell you the Dawgs are better off with a true freshman QB because Eason went 1-f0r-3 in the first half of the first quarter.

As a fanbase, we get easily distracted by shiny objects and yarn.

Batman and dixiehack like this.
  2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have been told this is crazy talk, but I think San Jose State can give Texas a game, which makes +28 look extremely inviting. Spartans can score a little bit. But who can't against that Texas D?

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

OU @ Bucky will be a race to 100 plays.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Ohio State isn't Bucky.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Interesting tidbit from Boise State's opener: They struggled to move the ball with Brett Rypien, and his backup, Montell Cozart, played the fourth quarter of a too-close game against Troy.

Shouldn't matter; I foresee the Cougs getting revenge for last year's loss in Boise. But the contrasting styles of the two Bronco QBs will force a lot more time in the film room for WSU defenders. Just don't order Domino's pizza ... ;)

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

One of the best parts of the week is the Meltdown Thread, when Roll Bama Roll compiles the best deranged posts from fans of losing teams. This weekend was so juicy that they're splitting it into two parts, with today's edition devoted to the Lone Star State.

NSFW: It’s Meltdown Time! Lone Shart State edition

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Lost in the myriad lopsided games and uninspiring opponents is the truth that the Pac-12 won every one of their games last weekend and is 12-1 on the year. Not saying they beat any world beaters, but the victims did include North Carolina and A&M. Big 12 didn't fare too well (Baylor, Texas) nor did the "top conference in the country" the ACC lost to a P12 school, three SECs and a Big 10.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they still put on a hell of a show in Boone.

Oh, vey. That one still hurts this Mountaineer.

9. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Have Pitt and Penn State renewed their series? Or is this just a brief home-and-home deal?

In a parallel universe, Eastern football -- capitalized -- is still a thing.

Instead, its teams are sprawled across four of the nation's top six conferences. That's just not right.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Four game series that started last year. Nothing scheduled going forward.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always thought a Big East with VaTech, WV, Penn State, Pitt, Syracuse, BC, Rutgers (they gotta play somewhere) and possibly Miami (and at one time FSU) might have been a good P5 candidate. The problem was it was easier for other conferences to peel them away one by one, than it would have been for the Big East to do likewise. Maybe they could have snagged Maryland - but nothing bigger.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Two sideline props gotta go: Tennessee's trash can and Texas A&M's pimp cane. Although I doubt 10 percent of A&M fans understand what was going on when Trayveon Williams was strutting with it. (Now it's being said it was a baton borrowed from a drum major).

Draft saved Draft deleted