1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That is a laudable goal indeed. How likely is it that this batch of generals has the magic formula that their predecessors did not? And please make sure your answer accounts for the seven-plus years of war under George W Bush, who was hardly adverse to letting the military make big boom booms.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are like a pitcher who never developed a second pitch.

4. Dick Whitman

[​IMG]

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Afghanistan wasn't much of a threat when Obama took over. It wasn't a stable nation, but the Taliban wasn't in the position it is now, and ISIS didn't exist.

Obama's insistence on removing troops handed the country over to terrorists.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The troops currently fighting there would argue it's not currently a safe harbor for our enemies.

And using your metric for winning, I guess we are in an eternal war in Afghanistan.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And rarely pitches to his great season of FIP.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

That war will be on the media, he has already sent in the ground troups via his constant criticism and name calling (enemy of the people, etc.) to brainwash his people into thinking it is all fake news and poor donny is being persecuted.

9. Dick Whitman

Here's the thing, though. You are such an unabashed partisan - I don't think that you would deny that - that generalities like "handed the country over to terrorists" don't do it for me. I don't trust your reporting.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Was the Obama-era troop surge a mistake?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How many Americans, in America, have been killed by terrorists harbored in Afhganistan? I honestly don't know.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump supported that move.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.