1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That happens when you keep playing 1-AA teams.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Normally, yes. But we're playing with a lot of performance-enhancing weapons and are circumventing the salary cap by about $390 billion.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

With NAIA-level coaching.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Shoot - we could fly the W flag right now. I really don't think you'll ever get "closer" to victory than where we are at today. Continue to have a military presence in the nation with a base where you can run ops out of, maybe run an off-site training base for Afghanis, collect intel, monitor via satellite.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Will it count as a win if we need another game to be bowl-eligible? Oh yeah, so much winning ...

6. Songbird

He'll have his own war soon and make a trillion dollars off it.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Speaking of the offense vs. defense distinction ... I'm re-reading Shelby Foote's The Civil War: A Narrative (Vol. 2), and I'm at the part at which Lee's just fucked up in Gettysburg. Meade's lieutenants aren't of one voice, but they see the opportunity to go on the offensive and pretty much do away with the CSA's Army of Northern Virginia. Meade, not willing to risk his gains, lets the southerners slip away.

I wonder how the history being sparred over in the ensuing decades (continuing even to today) would have been different had Meade gone on the offensive and been successful.

8. Songbird

9. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Just muted the word "Trump" in my twitter timeline. Let me know if anything important happens.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

He really is one of the dumbest motherfuckers alive.

There was only one way to possibly screw up the eclipse photo op.... Yep, he did it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Riptide likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is a good thing, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.