1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2017 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rainman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Holy God, that was fun.
    Little disappointed Brock retained (was hoping for Joe or Strowman), but the journey was incredible.

2. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I didnt love the finish but when the match of the night goes on last it has a way of making the whole show seem better.

They changed 7 of the 11 belts defended on the weekend....but neither of the 2 main roster world titles.

3. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

I think you can book it now—Strowman over Lesnar at Wrestlemania. It's a sign of how hot he is, that they want to extend the chase.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Is it about time we give Roman some credit for making Strowman?

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Wasn't he kind of over before they started feuding though? Like, after he split from the Wyatt family, I vaguely recall that he was getting buzz for doing shit like throwing guys through trucks and tipping them over. Then he had his program with Reigns, which was good because the WWE just didn't feed him to Reigns. (Which they did do when it was Reigns vs. Wyatt family, but I could be completely mistaken since I watch all WWE programming in a blurred fog now, because there is so fucking much of it.)

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

He's been over like rover since James Ellsworth, which was like the first day after the draft. Hell Ellsworth got more than a year of regular WWE employment out of that.

7. MisterCreosote

When he was beating up all the jobbers? Yawn.

He was put over big time in the past two Royal Rumbles, but outside of the thing with Sami Zayn, hadn't had a defining feud yet.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

Random question: Do you prefer long entrances like The Undertaker, Bray Wyatt, Bobby Roode, or short ones like Ultimate Warrior?

10. MisterCreosote

I hate long entrances.

11. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

For big moments -- returns, some debuts and big pay-per-views -- I like the long ones. But other than that, should be short.

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted