1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Eclipse of 2017

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jul 22, 2017.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Clouds screwing up our plans for Nebraska. Been working on alternative plans all afternoon. Should have something lined up soon.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I remember the February 1979 eclipse. It was a actually a snow day and all us kids were out of school. There was a lot of snow on the roads and ground, but fortunately the sky was perfectly clear. The neighborhood kids all ended up in my backyard for some reason, and we took turns looking at it through a welder's lens.

3. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

March 7, 1970. That one was enough for me. We didn't have any fancy-pants glasses, either, we had to make our own jerry-rigged devices.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I plan to spent the entire 2 minutes of totality banging my wife and baying at the moon...like a good Druid.

Iron_chet, Hermes, Chef2 and 2 others like this.
  5. freqposter

freqposter Active Member

If I'm going to drive 400 miles for a once-in-a-lifetime experience, a solar eclipse is not in my top ten.

6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

The cynic in me thinks the occasion of millions of Americans being distracted by a celestial event for several hours would be an opportune time to commit a terrorist attack. Truly hope I'm wrong

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Anquan Boldin was just asked what his plans were for the eclipse. He laughed and said nothing, he didn't even care.
    I'm curious how many people just DGAF.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Science Channel is going all-in with several hours of live coverage today.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

People with kids care. My kids are really excited.

I don't know. I'm as cynical as anyone, but I think it'll be cool to see. I'm a space nerd, though.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I can't wait for the eclipse to be over so I can stop seeing articles about burned retinas and going blind from looking at it.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I see (for now) what you did there.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

:):):):)

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted