1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm just surprised there were two people who knew what YF was talking about.

2. HanSenSE

3. HanSenSE

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

She kind of has a Terrence Trent D'Arby look if you squint just right.

On another front it's amusing that Trump is trying to make a right turn at Albuquerque ... from NoKo to Charlottesville to HEY WORLD I'VE MADE A DECISION ON AFGHANISTAN!

Loopiest motherfucker the country's ever had.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think the eclipse pissed him off. God forbid there's a day on the calendar where the spotlight ain't on him.

6. Songbird

Just a matter of time till he starts tweeting about how he deserves the Nobel Peace Prize ...

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It really got started when Newt was running the show. He famously told GOPers to spend every second possible outside the Beltway - preferably back in district - to show voters they weren't "DC elitists." That's when you got the rise in Congressmen sleeping on pull-out sofas in their offices, showering at the gym and flying home every Friday. Combining that with the ever-present need to constantly build the campaign chest, you wound up with no chance to build relationships like somewhat normal people. And that also makes it easier to demonize the other side and write off their concerns. Much tougher to do that if your kids are in the same homeroom or your wives play tennis together or you play poker together every Thursday night.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. Songbird

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Moderates like Inky and @Neutral Corner really miss the days of Bob Michel and a passive Republican minority, when compromise meant going along with the Democrats.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

I find it fascinating that Ivanka converted to Orthodox Judaism. What does that really say about her relationship with Daddy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.