1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Game of Thrones, Season 7

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Justin_Rice, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

One thing (among much in the episode) I don't understand was why the second dragon didn't save Jon Snow instead of Benjin. It was tailor made for us to learn Jon is a dragon rider in an epic moment and they pissed on it for an ex machina moment.

Also the countdown is on for a song of fire and ice ... beneath the sheets.

2. Spartan Squad

Either this scene was the beginning of the realisation or they suspect Littlefinger has spies and ears everywhere. That or only Sansa has put it together. However it works out, one of them has to silence Littlefinger.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I hope so. I'm a little tired of the Starks always doing the stupid thing.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

So, what was the casualty list tonight?

• Jon, Hound, Thormund, Beric, Jorah, and of course Gendry make it.
    • Thoros and Benjen don't. But who else got ripped apart by the army of the dead? Generic redshirts? I mean, going by the end scene of the last episode, there were only seven in their party. But then, who was killed by the bear? Who was knocked off the rock and died screaming as the dead ripped them apart?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  5. Spartan Squad

And a dragon. But yeah the other ones were red shirts.

6. Spartan Squad

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I had this thought as well. Seemed like more people died than there were, well, people.

8. SnarkShark

That may have been the shittiest episode of the entire series. Every single development was blatantly obvious the way they set it up.

I admit I make predictions and get almost all of them wrong with this show, but this time everything was telegraphed to you.

That, along with the holes and improbability in the plot made it fucking god-awful.

9. SnarkShark

And does the white-flier dragon breathe... ice?

10. outofplace

There were more people behind the main seven as they left the wall. They just weren't in the shot much.

I also wondered if the newly-converted dragon would breathe ice, which would kinda feel like they stole a plot device from How to Train Your Dragon 2.

Perhaps the reason we're seeing more bullshit/last-minute rescues is they show's writers are on their own rather than just converting Martin's books now. Tonight's episode just doesn't feel like something he'd write. Maybe just that last scene.

11. SnarkShark

I get that, but it seemed like the only shots they were in during this episode was when they were getting killed.

I kept going, "Oh shit! Who just got killed?" And it was another unknown guy out of nowhere. Or did I miss shots of them fighting and not dying?

12. outofplace

They showed the last redshirt a time or two before he got torn apart, but you're not wrong about the way it was shot. So much of the first half of the episode was setting up conversations among the main seven, stuff like Gendry confronting the men who sold him and the Hound finding out where Brienne is these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted