1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Images

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff, Dec 9, 2014.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

swingline, ChrisLong, Riptide and 2 others like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This is an oldie but a great one, so I am sure it is a d_b, but I love it:

[​IMG]

HandsomeHarley, Chef2 and HC like this.
  3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Chef2 likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This. Oh my F-ing God this!

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

As a cat owner who has pulled cats out of the dryer more than once, all you need to do is open the dryer door for this to work. Especially in the winter. That dog is trying too hard and I'm thinking way to much about this ...

cyclingwriter2, Vombatus and Chef2 like this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This is one of the beginning signs of hoarding. Go back and look at your shirts and say to each one "do you give me joy?"

If so, keep it. If not, donate it. Or, an even better solution - take a photo of it to preserve your memory of it, then donate it.

Anyway, I have a big problem with this too. I probably own 400 t-shirts and 120 pairs of underwear.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Jesus, man. I might own 20 shirts of all kinds total and I wear about 6 regularly.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I find myself keeping far too many t-shirts that I don't wear. I went through them and got rid about half this summer, but I still have about 40 and I think I've worn maybe 10 of them in the past year.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

It may sound odd, but I flip the hangers to know what shirts I've worn. If I've go a whole season without wearing something, I will toss or donate it.

But T-shirts are different because you often are fond of the sports team or band on the front or remember the concert or event when you got it. So even though I don't fit into my 1980 Lakers championship shirt, I'd feel odd tossing it.

I Should Coco likes this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Been on vacation four days. I've worn two shirts.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I have about three different levels of T-shirts:
    Level 2: Relatively new, hole/stain free. Could be worn to public events like concerts, kids' sporting events or "fast-casual" restaurants like Red Robin.
    Level 1: Faded/stained, but still relatively hole-free. OK to wear at the YMCA, to the beach, around the house.
    Level 0: One tear away from the rag pile. Plenty of stains. Armpit holes. Disintegrating collar. Ones with sentimental value (high school conference champs shirt, 1980s RUSH tour shirts) retired to bottom of T-shirt drawer. Others still OK for mowing the lawn, working in the garage, etc.

I probably have 10-15 old T-shirts which are plenty beat-up and saved solely for sentimental value. My wife is trying to mentally conjure up some moths to eat what's left of them.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Don't worry, nobody's noticed. :cool:

Draft saved Draft deleted