1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great Eclipse of 2017

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jul 22, 2017.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Thanks for this link, it's great. I'm not going to be in the path of totality for this one, nor do I have plans to travel for it, but it gave me a good idea of what the sun's position will be in my location so I can plan where to shoot from.

In addition, I've already figured out where I'll go for the 2024 total eclipse. I'm just outside the path of totality for that one (99.2 percent obscuration), but it's not a difficult drive to get into the path. Never hurts to start planning early!

Awesome link.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Out this way it feels like we're waiting for an expected arrival of a UFO. Oh, and forecasters expect partly cloudy skies in the valley, cloudier on the coast.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think I'll watch myself gavotte for a while.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Here in Athens they're going to open Sanford Stadium so folks can watch. Forecast isn't looking too good, however.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

We have more than 99% totality, good enough for me. About an hour away from totality. Reports are saying we'll have an additional 1 million people in Oregon this weekend. In the Salem area, local baseball team is playing a baseball game Monday morning, taking a break so everyone can watch the eclipse in 100% totality.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Do you think there will be an increase in theft over those two and a half minutes while the entire country is gawking at the sky?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I think there will be an increase in ER visits a few hours later.

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

How will that affect the country's xFIP?

10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

100 percent here in my city.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Wyoming officials: Overall traffic increased by more than 30,000 vehicles on Wednesday and Thursday when looking a a five-year average for the same time frames in August.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It feels like with everything else being shitty, people are looking for something shared and non-controversial. I think this eclipse is that thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted