1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Careful who you butt dial

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Aug 18, 2017.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Yet another reason to always use a passcode or fingerprint. No ifs, ands or butts.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I mean, doing his job would probably be the permanent fix, but yeah, that too.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Thing is, he was doing his job. They essentially wanted someone else doing his job, because the whole thing is political, but rather than firing him (he's a state employee), they gave his duties to someone else and kept him on the payroll. I actually blame him much less than I blame the unaccountable government corruption that makes this kind of thing relatively common.

jlee likes this.
  5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I see your point. And I get that he has essentially no prescribed duties at his job, and that he was planning on retiring soon. But at least show up every day. There's gotta be something to do around there. There's a larger problem, sure, but everyone who's a part of it should be accountable for that.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Whom.

It has been bugging me all day, sorry.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Their not going to get it.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Whose not?

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

About that government accountability, I understand that thinking but after hitting middle age I realize that I as a voter have failed to do my part to elect officials who will not allow that to happen.

My biggest gripe now about myself is the public pension system and the funding liabilities. As the government entities were continually approving their budgets and the pension "goodies" my fellow voters and myself were not paying attention. That's on us.

We bear responsibility for the state of the Union.

Draft saved Draft deleted