1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Now fetch me a Venti, chop-chop.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

my Aunt Bee has walked by that picture at least a 1000 times, remarked that her father, my Pappa, had high cheekbones, like all of the Indians do, because that’s how she saw it, and your mother got those same great cheekbones, and I didn’t. And she though this was the bad deal she had gotten in life. Being Native American has been a part of my story, I guess since the day I was born, I don’t know any other way to describe it.”

"Because that's how she saw it" is clearly an aside, and not part of a quote from Aunt Bee.

It's not clear if Aunt Bee said "like all of the Indians do" or if that's part of Warren's commentary.

Now, maybe you're right. I'll be satisfied so long as the Boston Globe, and the rest of the media demand that Warren denounce her Aunt Bee.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

They're around a C note, right?

Your sig is pretty damn funny, btw.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I couldn't disagree more. This is the crux of the matter. If Warren is legitimately of Native American heritage, his calling her Pocahontas is indisputably racist. If not, it's not.
    I can think of only one other ... Sacajawea. Does that make me twice as smart as Trump, or just half as dumb?

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

We've already established that I'm not good at math, doc.

JC and Stoney like this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trumpists: This is your guy. Congrats.

7. tapintoamerica

What's more important to the country? The denunciation of a Senator or the behavior of your president?

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

What the fuck? Where's your endowed chair?

franticscribe and Dick Whitman like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It took mom and a couple cousins about three years to do it. When she retired, that turned into her full-time job.

She wound up connecting with distant relatives in Scotland. And the African-American ones in Philadelphia.

Machine Head likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

The Pocahontas crap is stupid and childish. More than that? I don't know and I don't care.

Shocking that a certain someone is only obsessed with that questionable remark and not the myraid other examples of Trump showing off his racism.

Shocked, I tell ya. Shocked.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

And there's this: a self-proclaimed family organization is soliciting mailing lists of Klansmen.

Very fine people.

12. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Yeah, around $90 normally. Generally they have a special every couple months, around some holidays. It was just at its lowest price I am aware of ($69) recently, not sure if it's still that. If you have Amazon Prime, you may save the shipping. If you're enrolled in Ebates, you can get some $ back as well.

Mrs Fly is a very good researcher and gets into both of our genealogies every so often. She did a lot on my side this year with my once-every-three-year reunion (on my dad's side) last month. She has found several lines in North America going back to the 1600s - knew about a lot of her side but this was pretty revealing to me. Thought we were a bunch of johnny-come-lately folk. Apparently not.

Machine Head likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.