1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Great marketing - close your NFL concession stand on Sundays

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 16, 2017.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It should be noted also that CFA frosted lemonade is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy.

FileNotFound and Inky_Wretch like this.
  2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

So true. My NJ roommate was impressed by a Sodexo-run food court franchise with chicken sandwiches waiting under the heat lamp, not even a legit one.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

An oldie, but goodie. Didn't find the original quote, though.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Culver's has grown too quickly, though. Great service and tasty fries. I find their regular burgers are very bland, however.

5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I love their burgers compared to the comptetition. It's no Whataburger, sure, but good nonetheless.

Let me add Freddy's to the good customer service list. But nothing is close to CFA from arrival to departure.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

CFA is fantastic. Vacation/holiday road trips on Sundays are tough in our family because CFA is the one fast-food joint my children will eat in happily. (Not that I'm complaining that my 12-year-old finds most fast food gross.)

They're unfailingly clean, with polite employees, though they can be a little cult-like at the corporate level. They used to have a very good scholarship program too for students who worked there throughout high school, not sure if that's still in place.

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

If you're not ordering cheese curds at Culver's you're doing it wrong.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I think the word you want there is "middlin.' "

Neutral Corner and YankeeFan like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Fair to middling" is an old southern expression. Originally it referred to an average grade of cotton, although over time it has come to mean "average" in any number of applications.

Draft saved Draft deleted