1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Lester may end up with a no-decision. Cubs have scored eight runs since the Reds' nine-run inning.

He's a better pitcher if a loss becomes a no-decision.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

#knowshowtowin

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He would be a better pitcher if he'd stop getting knocked every so damn often.

That said, according to MLB Network, he left the game due to "left lat tightness."

5. TheSportsPredictor

Yes, but he didn't lose today (Cubs have tied it), so he's not a loser. Had he lost we could have said he's no good since he lost. But a no-decision means he kept his team in the game.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

We could have a Mike Schmidt sighting at Wrigley. It's 11-9 Reds, bottom 7 now.

7. TheSportsPredictor

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Guess I didn't see the worst game of his career after all. My last visit to Fenway, he gave up five home runs.
    My previous one, he pitched a no-hitter.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Speaking of key injuries for contenders, Nolan Arenado left today's game after aggravating the hand injury he suffered when he was hit by a pitch Sunday. X-Rays did not show a break and it was diagnosed as a bruise, but I wonder if something worse is going on there.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Oh, God. I remember that one all too well.

Early in the '86 season, the Angels had a walk-off strikeout/passed ball to beat the Rangers, wrapping up a really weird game.

Charlie Hough took a no-hitter and 1-0 lead into the 9th for Texas, and the first batter (I forgot who it was) hits a fly ball down the left-field line. George Wright, who was put into the game for defensive purposes (ha!), dropped the ball for a three-base error. Wally Joyner then busted the no-hitter with a game-tying single and eventually moved to second. Then, George Hendrick swung and missed at strike three, ball went to the backstop and Hough forgot to go cover home so Joyner came home from second with the winning run.

11. TheSportsPredictor

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Charlie Hough! I remember watching the first game in Marlins history and being amused that they drug some grandpa out of his Florida rest home to pitch.

[​IMG]

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted