1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy Football 2017

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Circus, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Apologies if I missed a thread. Here's my newly drafted team for what is now my main league. 10 teams, #2 pick, .7 PPR, 4.5 passing TDs. Standard positions, but 3 WR and no kicker.

1. Julio
    2. Dez
    3. Crowell
    4. Kelce (in a trade for Rodgers, whom I had kept here)
    5. Davante Adams (keeper)
    6. Fitzgerald
    7. Woodhead
    8. Ryan
    9. McFadden
    10. Blount
    11. Corey Davis
    12. Rawls
    13. Luck
    14. Robby Anderson
    15. Jeremy Hill
    16. Vikings D
    17. DeAndre Washington

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Any interest in doing a non-NIAFL league on here?

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You did. I started it. DTGDTN.

Dixie, I was thinking of starting a league and having a draft next week, as I'm on "vacation" and need a fix.

Big Circus likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I put it on sports and news. Anyway, I just posted this there.

Had sent out a few PMs trying to gauge interest but I'm looking to do a draft Thursday night. Standard league. Snake draft. Hoping for 12 teams. If anyone is interested, send me an email via PM and I'll send you an invite.

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Kelce for Rodgers straight up?

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Posted on other thread but I have two openings for standard snake draft at 9 Eastern. PM if interested. Will wait until about 7:30 Eastern before I look elsewhere.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

A couple of questions. I've pretty much bought in to the hot take that QBs have been overvalued over the years and aren't worth a top-three pick, or even lower.

Now, I'm in a new league. The positions are QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-Flex-TE-PK-D. TD passes are worth six points, and there are bonuses for long scoring plays, 40+.

Given that, do you:

1) Go for a WR3 before you grab your QB1?

2) Venture into Round 4 or 5 and grab Rodgers or Brady before anyone else gets him?

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Rodgers, Brady and likely Brees will be gone by 4th.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, well. Cam might not be, and I have him close to my Tier 1. I have a feeling about him this year.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I listen to way too much fantasy football radio, and those guys will occasionally admit that almost no league outside these big-money "expert" leagues treats quarterbacks that way. And even in those, someone usually grabs the top guys much earlier than suggested. Virtually all fantasy leagues will see the top guys (and a decent number of the next guys) go in the first 5-6 rounds. People know quarterbacks. They're going to draft them fairly high.

Also, in any league with bonus points (I run one that includes that and play in another; draft tomorrow morning), the top QBs are worth more than they already would be.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Brady, Brees, Cam, Rodgers will be lucky to make it to round three.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Most people draft solely on the previous year. Cam won't go too high unless there's a Panthers fanboi in your league.

Draft saved Draft deleted