1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In my experience, such ties -- worn at weddings -- are chosen by the bride. Not to admit to (too much) leering, but if a lass that comely told me she wanted me to wear an actual lobster bib, I'd wear it every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Woah. That is a wide tie. I go 2 1/2 to 3 inches, tops

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Me, too. Then I'd tie it between two trees and sleep in it.

poindexter likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's anything to brag about.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

No, if McDonald's was run like Starbucks, in order to order a value meal, you'd order in French. Except the French number of the meal would be based on the number of ounces of beef in the sandwich. And if you ordered incorrectly, your server st McDonald's would roll his or her eyes at you like you were the dumbest person on earth.

McDonald's does not do this because it is not a lifestyle food brand. It has other issues that are equally galling, but it does not make its customers feel dumb.

Starbucks could solve this by putting all five size cups with their names clearly marked on the counter top. At the risk of stealing Alma's thunder, that wouldn't be cool.

They can do whatever they want, but the way they do it is like tapping some people on the shoulder and whispering "maybe Starbucks isn't for you."

Goddamit I'm David Brooks now...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
    doctorquant likes this.
  6. typefitter

Sure does explain some things, though.

7. typefitter

CD Boogie likes this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Try Gumby's pizza and get back to me.

dixiehack and QYFW like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I should have. Sadly, you can see a bit of the tag end sticking out from behind.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The cashier always seems to take the right amount of money when I order my small coffee or chai, and I always seem to get the right size drink. And nobody seems terribly disturbed that I don't get into the spirit of the fucking coffee shop at 6:30 in the goddam morning, either.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow, seriously? "Everybody else does it!" That's your defense on this one? This isn't some guy trying to get a government contract. It's the president of the United States.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.