1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

America has proven to be a slow learner, but as hard as Trump's support is, he's been below 45 pct. since February. You can dip your toe in the sub-40s and come back and win a second term (Reagan did it), Reagan actually got some (unpopular) stuff done in the first two years that began to pay off in the last two years of his first term. Trump hasn't passed a significant law, even with Congress, he has a deteriorating relationship with Congress (supporting several primary challengers) and I doubt he will get anything fruitful passed in the next year. All people will have to vote on is his charming personality.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You're incapable of debating here without taking shots at the character of other posters.

You are just an erudite version of He Who Shall Not Be Named.

3. Dick Whitman

No one is "parsing" what is "in his head."

It is what he said.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You can't "innocently protest" alongside Nazis. If somebody is holding a "Puppies Are Awesome Plus Free Ice Cream Rally" and a bunch of folks waving swastikas are the ones serving the ice cream, you can't shrug your shoulders and say "Man, I'm not a racist and I don't want to associate with them ... but I do like puppies and love ice cream so I'll stick around for that."

TowelWaver likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why are you attaching so much meaning to the words "I'm not defending white supremacists" when his statements go on to do just that?

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

You are responding to an imaginary post.

7. Dick Whitman

Which statements?

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

This thread is also a reminder of how reasonably intelligent people could completely miss the point on Trump and his followers over the past 26 months by getting lost in linguistic gymnastics and debate-camp boooooooll shit.

Oh, and by blaming Democrats.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hometown paper has more.

Corker urges 'radical changes' in Trump White House

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He. Is. Lying.

The typical gaslight tactic.

12. Dick Whitman

You are responding to an imaginary post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.