1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Yeah especially on a flyball that doesn't reach the warning track in RF at Yankee Stadium.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hated to see that happen. So glad it was not a shredded knee. Just shows y0u how hard Harper gets after it on an infield grounder. Somehow has to learn to ease it up when not necessary. Agent is blaming it on the weather but if you watch closely he stumbles because he didn't hit the bag clean with his foot but barely got a toe on it.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I admit to not seeing much baseball this summer thanks to the kiddo...is this a one-time thing or something teams have been trying?

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I've seen some five-infielder alignments (with an outfielder pulled in to stand right behind second base), but don't think I've seen four outfielders.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Last time I recall it was in the early '70s, when the Reds tried it vs. Willie McCovey.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Dear Peter:
    Remove that sweatshirt post haste.
    Thanks
    Chef.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Apparently, the Royals did it against Jim Rice in 1978, when Rice was ripping up the American League:

#TBT: The origins of the shift

8. Kinda early, but I'm already wondering what the Phillies are going to do with their roster next season. Going to have more 1B awkwardness with Joseph and Hoskins, Crawford has to challenge Galvis for SS next year and of course a glut of young pitchers who at best might be 3rd starters. And will they or won't they trade Odubel Herrera.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Crawford has been just short of a disaster at AAA this year.

10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm still not used to it being so easy for a pitcher to strike out 10-11 guys in a start. That used to be a BIG DEAL.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hermes likes this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, it sucks. It makes the games boring as fuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted