1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Middle Finger Salute (and Social Media) Get Softball Team DQed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

2. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

the punishment fit as far as I'm concerned.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Wow.

Seems awfully rough to me.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And the DQ just happened to put the host league in the championship. Of all the coincidences!

Adults are so much worse than kids.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And it was only six kids, less than half the team, right? That's harsh.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Stay in yo lane

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Junior League Softball World Series Tournament Director John Chadwick, when reached by cellphone, said his organization will not be commenting on the decision. Chadwick is based out of Kirkland.

If I ever get arrested, it will be for punching one of these youth sports administrators in his smug fucking face. And I won't regret it for a second.

Vombatus and Spartan Squad like this.
  8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

And that team sounds like it's full of a bunch of angels.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. No, it's not us. Our team doesn't travel 50 miles for tourneys much less cross country.

2. "The event is for the best 12-to-15-year-old girls teams in the world."

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL. No, it's for the teams that paid the entry fee.

3. Immediately deleting the post, a personal apology, and a stern order to never do it again, is punishment enough. The story makes it sound an awful hell of a lot like the DQ was crooked.

10. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

So as I understand from the story, the team that had a coach and player ejected for stealing signals ends up sliding into the title game, while the team that stuck up some middle fingers after the game got kicked out? Um, OK. Posting that photo was a dumb thing to do, but breaking the rules (I assume they had rules in place about stealing signs) in a game seems more serious to me.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Flipping the bird in exchange for stealing signs seems to me just about a perfectly equal trade.

Putting it out on the intertoobs, where it's out in the world and lives forever, is the big no-no.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the team from my native city got screwed. Warwick (R.I.) North went 5-1 in the tournament while Kirkland went 3-3, and they were supposed to meet in the third-place game this morning. Arbitrarily putting Kirkland in the title game was the REAL screwjob...would it have killed anybody to let Kirkland and Warwick play for the open spot in the final?

sgreenwell and Vombatus like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted