1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Twitter is eating up my data

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jake_Taylor, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've since switched to a small business plan with unlimited data, but for a while there I had to be careful how and when I used the app.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm either on an unlimited phone or my home internet so data management does not confront me, but my twitter feed has about two thousand Trump related posts flying by every day.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I quit twitter two months after using it for 8 years. Haven't missed it as much as I thought I would. I liked reading Trump's latest and writing in reply, GFY!

But I soon realized that I'd never be able to replicate the high I enjoyed when he "liked" my first GFY reply. And so I stopped trying.

If it's worthwhile news, you can read about it tomorrow in the paper or better yet on a newsstand in a weekly magazine. Trying to remain "in the know" by following twitter and watching new channels -- other than maybe hyper local news -- is largely pointless on a daily basis. Unless the goal is to give you high blood pressure

Vombatus likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There are a lot of funny combos but the Strait-Lil Wayne-Elvis-Richie-Kanye-Backstreet Boys might be the best one.

DGcGXvxVwAEPS4t.jpg

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Twitter may be eating up your brain too.

6. Vombatus

What BS. Dave Matthews was born in South fucking Africa, not Central fucking Virginia. And to some, Dave Matthews Band SUCKS.

But Tim Reynolds doesn't. Holy cow.

Ted's tweet should have read "musician/band". People can't make a simple tweet without fucking up what the data or a graph means. @doctorquant am I right?

Sheesh.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Boyd and Carter were born in CVille, so I think it's OK to count the band as a group.

8. Vombatus

Ok. So, what is that - a plurality?

Still think the tweet should have been musician/band.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Hard to believe that Kenny G outsold all those Seattle grunge bands, or before that Heart for that matter.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This chart is awful. The Eagles formed in LA but none of the band was born in California. And since when are the Eagles a musician?

Metallica is the best selling band if you count the musicians actually born in the state. Only Lars was not born in California but James Hetfield, Dave Mustaine, Cliff Burton and Kirk Hammet all were.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Alaska's bench must be really thin.

Portugal. The Man's one of those bands who make their bones touring far more than they do selling records, like almost all bands nowadays.

Draft saved Draft deleted